NeoCon is quickly approaching, and we are busy preparing ourselves, at IIDA Headquarters, for the arrival of our Members. We are anxiously anticipating your arrival as we are excited to show off our LEED Gold certified office.
If you haven’t had a chance to visit the NeoCon website, I will highlight a couple programs that may be of interest to you.
All keynotes will take place at the Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza at 8 a.m.
- IIDA is proud to present the Monday, June 9th keynote, author of Freakonomics, Steve Levitt. Steve Levitt’s visit is sponsored by Allsteel. Levitt’s lectures are as entertaining as they are illuminating, using humor and frist-rate storytelling to discuss the sort of topics that are on every businessperson’s mind these days!
- Paoli is sponsoring Tuesday, June 10th’s keynote, Robert F. Kennedy. Kennedy will present an enthralling presentation exploring current issues facing our future and what we can do to protect and preserve our valuable resources.
- The Merchandise Mart Properties will present Wednesday, June 11th’s keynote, Scott Wilson. Wilson is an accomplished designer and entrepreneur with an instinct for developing iconic, indusrty-leading consumer products.
IIDA Student Day
- Take a tour of our office with Ken Wilson, IIDA, LEED AP, AIA of Envision Design. Wilson will give you invaluable insights into how and why he and his team made the sustainable choices that they did in constructing and designing our office. The program will take place in our suite, 567, from 2 to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, June 11th.
NeoCon Student Postcard Exhibit
- At IIDA we believe our Members are the future of design, and we know that our Student Members represent this better than anyone. That’s why we want to know what you think is in store for the future. Where do you see your career going? Where do you see the profession going?
All IIDA Student Members were mailed a postcard which can be returned in hard copy. You may also submit your thoughts online. The postcard design should be 6×4 and should be sent as a PDF or JPEG by Friday, May 16th. Design the front of the postcard using any design program you desire. Paste a photo or create a collage that represents where you see the future of design headed. Email completed postcards to Christa Koskosky at email@example.com in a PDF or JPEG format, no larger than 2 MB.
Visit NeoCon’s website here for additional information on luncheons and afternoon speakers. Some programs do require reservations, so be sure to book your seat soon as the Merchandise Mart is expecting 60,000 guests this year.
If you have more questions, please email me here. I would be happy to help.