IIDA Headquarters in Chicago is looking to hire a Marketing and Communications intern! I feel so sad posting this, as the current intern, because my time here in the last 6 months has been inspiring and so rewarding. As I move on to work in the high end residential design industry here in Chicago, I cannot imagine where I would be now without this amazing department of people as my mini support group and professional mentors.
Ok, now here are the the details.
- You need to be enrolled in school and working towards getting a degree in communications, marketing or interior design.
- You need to be organized and self motivated.
- You need to have a positive attitude, confidence and be well-spoken.
- You should know how to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat and InDesign knowledge a plus.
- You need to be highly proficient in all things social media such as Twitter, WordPress, Facebook and YouTube.
- You need to be able to work on a team (an awesome team) and take direction easily.
- You should know how to Google, research and compose professional emails.
- You should have lots of energy, enthusiasm, and a strong desire to learn
- You should have some general interest in interior design.
- Lastly, you may or may not own leopard print shoes.
Now, I wouldn’t say this internship is easy, but the people on the Marketing and Communications team are easy to work with and very patient. They are very willing to work with your school schedule and be flexible. With NeoCON 2011 right down the road, this internship could provide a unique and super cool behind-the-scenes look into the event.
This internship has my personal stamp of approval, so consider applying today! Also, stay tuned because later this week I will be posting my highly entertaining “top ten” list of things I learned while an intern here at IIDA.
I will miss you guys! Love, Maggie Oldmixon