We got our bootstraps on and attended the IIDA Career Bootcamp event at NeoCon 2012. We heard AMAZING advice from the panelists that you met in our previous post. So what exactly was this amazing insight they provided? Here are some highlights!
- Read blogs, websites, and company websites to find the latest trends and happenings in the industry.
- You have to be friendly to everyone, even competitors, because you never know who you’ll be working for later.
- Bring you resume or business cards with you EVERYWHERE. Carry it around in a flash drive, because you’ll never know who you might meet.
- There is a psychology of the business, so connect with people not only on a business level, but human level as well.
- Branch out to experience as much as possible outside of the Design field—those skills will be worth it.
- Network, follow up, and do informational interviews.
- Last, but not least, finding the right culture and fit is key at a job!
Be sure to take this advice, and tailor it to fit your personal life and career goals! Need more advice? Leave your questions with us, and we’ll be sure to help you out! After all, we’re here for you!