IIDA is looking for a new communications and marketing intern to start immediately. Please read on for the full job description.
The International Interior Design Association (IIDA) is a professional networking and educational association with more than 13,000 Members advancing the profession worldwide. IIDA is committed to excellence in interior design by maintaining high educational standards, connecting its Members and empowering the Profession with visionary leadership.
An IIDA internship will allow you to gain valuable work experience, build your skill set, profit from networking opportunities, and get an insider’s view of the day-to-day business of an association. Interns are treated as regular staff members and are invited to participate in IIDA related activities. Interns fill a vital role in our organizational structure. IIDA is looking for immediate assistance from a motivated individual to assist with communication and marketing efforts. The intern will work in the Communications and Marketing department and support the team in day-to-day projects. These projects may include: website maintenance, student marketing initiatives, newsletter creation and blog research. The right candidate will be an independent, self-starter who will take this opportunity and run with it.
Currently enrolled in school and working towards getting a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in communications/marketing or interior design. Candidate should be capable of coordinating with all the departments involved to ensure the completion of projects. A high degree of organization and self-motivation is required. This person must quickly learn the association industry.
Additional skills include:
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, Photoshop,
- Acrobat and InDesign knowledge a plus.
- Mastery of AP style; excellent writer
- Confident, well-spoken individual capable of professionally representing the organization
- Excellent research, writing, and phone/email communication skills
- Familiarity with website administration
- Ability to work effectively in a team and a strong desire to gain professional experience
- Energy, enthusiasm, and a strong desire to learn
- An interest in the Interior Design industry
How to Apply: Please submit your cover letter, resume and short writing sample to IIDA Headquarters to Christa Payton, Communications Manager, (firstname.lastname@example.org) subject line: Communications Internship
Notes: Local Chicago Residents Preferred (No Relo).
Additional Salary Information: This position is $10/hr and is eligible for course credit.